Recipe: Vanilla flapjacks
PUBLISHED: 11:22 11 March 2016 | UPDATED: 11:22 11 March 2016
Ceinwen Jarvis is a London based food blogger at The Clean Menu creating easy, clean and yummy meals for everyday life. Here she shares her recipe for scrumptious vanilla flapjacks
Toss that expensive (and not really healthy) store bought granola out the door, this simple recipe takes just 30 mins and will fill you up for the day with slow release energy.
Low in sugar, high in energy, these flapjacks are a great snack – make a batch on the weekend and store for the week.
Makes approx. 12 flapjacks.
• 150 grams oats
• 75 grams sultanas
• 15 grams shredded coconut
• 35 grams sunflower or pumpkin seeds
• 3 tbs chia seeds
• 2 medium eggs
• 2 tsp vanilla essence
1. Pre-heat oven to 170 c.
2. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. In another cup, whisk the eggs, and add to the dry mix along with the vanilla essence.
3. Mix until all the dry ingredients are coated in the egg.
4. Line a baking tray or dish with grease-proof paper, and pour out the mixture.
5. Using a fork, press down firmly on the oat mixture to make a large rectangle. You want it to be about 3/4 of a cm high. (Make sure all the mixture is tightly packed together)
6. Bake for 20 mins.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Cut into small flapjack shapes and store in a tin.