Recipe: Simple superfood salad
PUBLISHED: 10:59 17 May 2016 | UPDATED: 10:59 17 May 2016
Lottie Murphy shares her delicious easy quinoa creation packed full of the good stuff broccoli, soya beans, avocados, spinach, herbs, pomegranate and pumpkin seeds
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
• 90g quinoa
• 280g brussel sprouts
• 100g broccoli
• 75g watercress
• 1 red pepper (deseeded and chopped)
• 1 avocado (skin and stone removed and chopped)
• 100g pomegranate
• 1 lemon
• 1 lime
• Extra virgin olive oil
1. Make sure you rinse your quinoa first then cook in a pan by covering with cold water and bringing to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
2. After 15 minutes, boil the brussels and broccoli in a pan of water for 4 minutes.
3. In the meantime, prepare the rest of your salad adding the watercress, avocado and red pepper to a large bowl. Once the quinoa, brussels and broccoli are cooked add them to the bowl.
4. Mix well then scatter over the pomegranate.
5. Simply squeeze a fresh lemon and fresh lime over the salad and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Enjoy!
Get in touch