Recipe: American-style blueberry pancakes
PUBLISHED: 06:00 23 March 2016
Check out this recipe for deliciously authentic American-style blueberry pancakes
American blueberry pancakes
The perfect breakfast in bed treat for your child, loved one, or a treat from you to you.
200g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
Agave or maple syrup
1tbsp groundnut oil
1. Rinse the blueberries and set aside. Melt the butter.
2. In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder and a small pinch of salt.
3. In a smaller bowl beat the egg with the milk then pour over the flour and whisk to a thick batter.
4. Beat in the melted butter then gently fold in two thirds of the blueberries.
5. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. For each pancake, drop one large tbsp. or serving spoon of batter into the pan and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat, then flip and cook for another two minutes. You should be able to cook 3 or 4 pancakes at a time, depending on the size of the pan.
6. Drizzle with maple or agave syrup and serve with remaining blueberries.