Recipe: Boxing Day turkey curry
16:50 04 November 2015
© peter cassidy
A great way to use up leftovers from Christmas dinner, this turkey tikka masala recipe is the perfect Boxing Day supper
• 2 Onions (large)
• 2 Garlic Cloves
• 1 inch piece Ginger
• 200ml Tomatoes (Tinned)
• 100ml Single Cream
• Fresh Coriander (for garnish - optional)
• 1 tsp Lemon Juice
• 5 tbsp Cooking Oil
• 1 tsp Salt
• Leftover roast turkey
1. Peel and finely chop the onions, garlic and ginger.
2. Cut the turkey into bite-size pieces and mix it with the contents of the marinade sachet, ½ tsp salt and half the chopped garlic and ginger.
3. Leave to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
4. Blend the tomatoes.
5. Lay the Turkey out on a baking tray and place under a hot grill for 3-5 mins each side until the pieces are charred around the edges.
6. In a large saucepan add the oil and fry the onion over a medium heat. As the onion browns add the remaining ginger and garlic and continue to fry.
7. Now add the tomatoes with contents of sachet 2, ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp lemon juice.
8. Add the turkey and gently simmer for 10 minutes with a lid on.
9. Stir in 100ml fresh cream and add 50ml warm water if the sauce is too thick and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
10. Check the seasoning and serve with fresh coriander, rice or naan bread.